The VP of Product Management is responsible for working with our CEO, Engineering and Marketing personnel to lead product strategy, planning, and delivery of a SaaS product for financial service professionals. At a high level, our solution 1) aggregates structured and unstructured financial data, 2) curates it to meet the sector-specific needs of our users and 3) allows users to build signals on the data when a development relevant to the user’s space surfaces on the platform. You'll be joining DISCERN at an exciting point in the lifetime of its flagship product, creating specifications for new features to make it even more robust.
- Develop product strategies based on trends to lead the competition.
- Helping CEO to manage appropriate ROI and related financial analysis of products and product packaging strategies; identify product enhancements to balance a favorable return on customer needs.
- Determining clear prioritization and appropriate trade-offs regarding implementation issues based upon understanding constraints dependencies, costs, resources and customer benefit.
- Assist Sales and Marketing teams with key competitive intelligence information.
- Build new and renew existing partnerships with third parties, working directly with partners to negotiate contracts to license data.
- Defining product strategy and product roadmaps with clear objectives and long-term vision
- Understanding the company goals to guide long-term and short-term building timelines
- Convert long-term vision into product requirements and functionality (PRDs). Formulating, documenting, and communicating tactical, actionable requirements for product development
- Ensuring delivery of innovation and customer value through product development process
- Ensuring consistent implementation of UI/UX vision across all releases
- Conducting training sessions for fellow employees to educate them on the technology prior to key product release points
- Engaging with customers and prospects during conferences, customer visits and trade shows
- Defining value positioning for products to assist Marketing and Sales in messaging
Necessary Skills + Experiences
Our ideal candidate has:
- Proven experience in building game-changing product experiences
- 5-7 years product management experience at a consumer or B2B SaaS enterprise company
- Professional exposure to data analytics and the financial services industry
- Skills in researching, evaluating and presenting market requirements and the overall MRD process
- Excellent analytical skills to develop insightful competitive analysis and product packaging strategies
- The ability to work across multiple product lines with a variety of stakeholders to achieve your objectives
- The ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams – Marketing, Engineering and Sales
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with strong self-motivation