DISCERN is in search of a seasoned platform engineer who thrives on new challenges and will work well with our team of proven pros. Develop and maintain highly scalable and fault tolerant data driven Java or Scala-based applications through the full software development life cycle.
- Provide technology recommendations for product development.
- Lead the design and development of applications in accordance with industry best practices.
- Gather and analyze requirements from product owners; ensure products meet business requirements.
- Collaborate with other software engineers, data scientists and team leads to design and develop high-quality software solutions.
- Guide and work with offshore development team
- Troubleshoot issues related to new or existing code/systems.
- Write proper design documentation.
- Follow proper quality assurance processes; provide unit, build and deployment test scripts.
- Ensure developed products meet milestones. Communicate status through participation in Agile SDLC.
NECESSARY SKILLS + EXPERIENCES
- BA/MS in CS or equivalent relevant work experience.
- 7-10+ years of professional experience with Java technologies and frameworks.
- Highly proficient in Java, and moderately proficient in Scala and Python
- Proficient in natural language processing and semantic data analysis
- Multi-threaded Java experience involving fault tolerant highly scalable systems.
- Experience developing high quality products.
- Experience developing and deploying high-volume, highly-available production systems.
- High proficiency in Java, and moderate proficiency in Scala and Python
- High proficiency in dealing with unstructured and structured data
- Unstructured: Neo4j, Lucene, SOLR
- Structured: Relational DB (MySQL), Cassandra, Columnar databases
Must also demonstrate proficiency in the following areas:
- Semantic data analysis
- WebServices, REST
- Data transformation and integration
- Machine learning – especially in developing entity/relationship extractor
- Distributed component architecture, micro services architecture
- Building high-performance and high available systems
We look forward to meeting you.