DISCERN is in search of a hands-on data manager eager to lead passionate team of data engineers and scientists on an important mission: to solve the complex data variety problems that arise during fintech product development.
- You have passion for data to support our Curators's thirst for finding Signals hidden in data.
- Interact with our data partners to understand their datasets and bring them for Curation.
- Develop scripts and queries that can be run against different environments.
- Work closely with Sr. Engineers to build multi-dataset database system.
- Support and maintain existing datasets and their scheduled processing.
- Investigate, trouble-shoot and solve data related issues internally and with our data partners.
Desired Skills + Experiences
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a data-related field
- 4+ years of software engineering experience
- 2+ years data engineering experience
- Proficient in SQL language. MySQL experience is a plus.
- Exposure to scripting languages like Python, Ruby and tools like R are highly desirable.
- Experience with Hadoop and NoSQL databases desirable.
- Experience in a UNIX/Linux-oriented environment.
- A strong sense of the best tools for the job and the ability to quickly learn unfamiliar skills/tools as needed.
We look forward to meeting you.