DISCERN is in search of highly-skilled, energetic, out-of-the-box thinker to join our team as a Front End Developer. Help usher our ground-breaking new web application into its next incarnation, guiding the user's experience and creating efficient website usage workflows. You should enjoy working with both technical and non-technical colleagues and be willing to stand up for your best ideas.
- Drive white-boarding brainstorming sessions with in-house domain experts to develop + evolve the customer engagement process.
- Assist in defining interaction models, user task flows, and design/UI specifications. Create demos and mockups in static images, wireframes, and prototypes as part of our collaborative design process.
- Advocate for the user: "What would the user think about this design/decision?"
- Seek out and process feedback to improve visual designs, exploring and presenting multiple design options.
- Take ownership of design projects from concept to completion, doing everything possible to ensure success.
- Collaborate with engineering to help build live prototypes and working production code.
Necessary Skills + Experiences
- d3.js - data visualization library
- webGL - browser graphics engine
- Jade - templeting languages
- Git - version control software
- Jira - project tracking software
- Server run data driven prototypes
- Content management systems (consumer and flat file )
- Adobe Suite
- Four-year degree in Computer Science
- Working knowledge of college-level Statistics, Calculus and Physics
- Training in User Experience or Product Design
- Training in UI Design, Games or Animation
- Two years working in a professional software development environment
- Design experience with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Degree or real work experience in a graphic or web design or related discipline
- Previous Web application design and engineering experience
- A strong sense of the best tools for the job and the ability to quickly learn unfamiliar skills/tools as needed
- The ability to tell compelling stories about your designs and present your work with confidence
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize projects, communicate progress and milestones
- A strong drive and ability to self-manage to meet deadlines
- An ability to iterate and evaluate designs quickly and effectively
- Extensive experience in rapid, web prototyping from static mockups